Helpful Tips for Common Plumbing Issues
There square measure many alternative kinds of plumbing issues, we’ve seen wide kinds of plumbing issues from huge to tiny, and that we generated a listing of what our team most typically see within the homes they service.
1. Dripping taps
We’ve all had a dripping regulator in underneath our sink, or the annoying dripping sound that keeps you up in the dark, a leaky regulator may be a nuisance that would change into a full-blown drawback if not self-addressed properly. in order that dripping regulator does not solely waste water, it wastes cash on your water bill; Even a tiny low regulator leak will waste three gallons of water each day.
thus for the sake of your water bill (and our planet), fix that drip!
If you discover Dripping taps in your home at the primary shut off the water valve to the pipe and so decision ALFA PLUMBING skilled team.
2. Leaky Pipes
While we have a tendency to see lots of unseaworthy pipes throughout the cold winter months, it’s additionally quite common year-round! Most pipes can begin to leak close to the joints, thus keep an eye fixed out for wet spots on the bottom or ceiling. Water injury to your home are often quite expensive, thus leaky pipes square measure a necessity to repair promptly. thus if you get a leak in your pipes you’ll be able to run up an enormous water bill during a hurry.
As soon as you discover a leak before the call with us you could follow these trips:
- Shut off the water valve to the pipe.
- Switch off the water supply by turning off the internal stop tap, and if you have a cold water tank, the stopcock too.
- Switch off your heating
- Make sure that your central heating system is switched off at the boiler.
- Drain your system
- To clear the water that’s still inside your system, turn on your taps and flush your toilets.
- Avoid electrical fittings
- As a precaution, you should avoid touching any electrical fittings and sockets near the site of the leak.
- Collect the water
- Keeps internal damage to a minimum by collecting as much dripping water as possible Whether you lay sheets and towels or fill up buckets avoid standing directly beneath any leaks that cause the plaster in your ceiling to bulge